Rate this post

The use of vehicles, including off-road vehicles (PHEVs), is regulated by various regulations. For more information, consult the Wildlife Management Unit map (printed copies of the regulations that include the MMU map will be available at licensed exhibitors at the beginning of the fall hunting season). Use of vehicles and restrictions The footprint of vehicles is much larger than the average foot. Noise, erosion, soil compaction, habitat disturbance and vegetation effects usually increase with vehicle use. Hunters are asked to minimize the impact of vehicles where they are allowed and, if necessary, to comply with restrictions on the use of vehicles. All off-road vehicles (PHEVs) on public lands must be registered, insured and marked with a visible license plate. Vehicles must also be equipped with a headlamp, a rear light, a silencer and a spark sensor. Public Land Use Areas (PLUZ) Several areas of the province are designated as PLUZ to allow for the management of recreational interests and pressure on the local ecology. Restrictions on vehicles on and off the highway apply in all OLEMP and may limit vehicle type, trail access and open seasons to vehicle use. The boundaries of the UMM and PLUZ may overlap, and all – or parts of them – of the GMUs may be subject to vehicle access restrictions. Please consult the PLUZ maps available at your local Alberta Environment and Parks Office, or visit aep.alberta.ca, see the recreation and public use section. Once you`ve selected your location, it`s time to start the call.

Although commercial calls are available, nothing I`ve heard mimics a moose with the precision of the human voice amplified by the traditional birch bark horn. When it comes to the timing, duration and intensity of calls, there are so many theories about what works best, how hunters exist. However, most agree that your call sequence should start with a series of calls from low cows, hoping that a nearby bull will respond immediately. After that, call every 15 to 20 minutes for a period of 30 seconds to a minute and increase the volume after the first sequence. Well, that had to happen; Alberta has joined much of the hunting world in enabling the use of electronic callers. Commonly known as e-callers, they became legal in Alberta in 2008 to call snow geese. In 2009, the use of electronic calls was expanded to include crows, magpies, coyotes, red foxes and wolves (with sounds that mimic animals or rodents). A few points to note are that you can only use emergency sounds from rodents or puppies. Other wild distress or livestock noises are not legal at this time. I expect that to change in the future, but I`m not sure.

Hopefully, their use will also be extended to puma and bears, as both respond well to calls. With the legalization of electronic calls, there are fears that sport will no longer call and that wildlife populations will be affected. I think these concerns are unfounded. E-callers are not the “miracle solution” and it still takes a lot of skills to successfully call predators. Call sounds or the method to deliver them are only part of success. Construction, wind, terrain, animal populations, experience, weather and knowledge of target species all play a role. Regardless of the intent or type of trip, all recreation enthusiasts are required and encouraged to respect them, be proud and play a responsible role in preserving the quality and character of Alberta`s natural resources. For more information, please contact your local Alberta Environment and Parks office at 310-0000 or visit aep.alberta.ca. Section 38 of the Wildlife Act of the Wildlife Act states that no person may hunt wildlife or shoot firearms at or enter occupied land without the consent of the owner or resident.

The Wildlife Act defines “occupied land” as follows: such patience can pay off. Until you let a bull moose come to your door with love in mind, you have no idea how exciting hunting can be. Calling these great forest monarchs away from spitting is an experience that few hunters ever forget. The Alberta Parks Division provides hunting opportunities on more than 85% of the land, which is managed as a provincial park or sanctuary. In protected areas where hunting is permitted, certain activities are restricted to protect sensitive areas and species or to address public safety or wildlife management issues. Section 15 of the Provincial Parks Ordinance (in general) prohibits dogs from being kept on a leash in provincial parks, provincial wilderness parks and provincial recreation areas. Dogs must be checked by a restraint system with a maximum length of 2 m. For detailed information on hunting in provincial parks and protected areas, contact your local Alberta Environment and Parks Office or visit www.albertaparks.ca. Keep in mind that while you may fool a moose`s ears and eyes, you will rarely, if ever, deceive it. Therefore, it is important to call from a place that forces a bull to reveal itself in order to get the wind from you.

That`s why many experienced moose hunters prefer to call from a coast or from the outside on the water. The occupied territories described in the above Act do not need to be marked with signs to obtain protection under section 38 of the Wildlife Act. The black area on the map (right) shows an example of nine square miles of land that could contain land that falls under the definition of “occupied land.” Amendments to the Small Business Trespassing Act were made on 1. June 2004. While it is still possible for a landowner to prohibit access to their land by notifying them orally or in writing, or by installing signs prohibiting entry, the changes now establish certain types of property where entry is prohibited without notice. These parcels include private land (and leased public land not associated with grazing or cultivation – addressed aep.alberta.ca) that is cultivated, fenced or surrounded by a natural boundary or closed in a way that indicates the landowner`s intention to keep people away from the premises or animals on the site. It is important to note that hunters or other people accessing these countries must have permission before entering. Federal Penal Code The Penal Code (§ 41) stipulates that a person who is in peaceful possession of real estate may require an intruder to leave the property. Access to guide a hunter host, a designated big game guide or a designated bird game guide, if you are driving on private land, requires permission to approve the landowner`s access to conduct these guided tours on that land. Such a guide or host is required to provide his or her person with the name, address (or legal place of residence of the landowner) and telephone number of the landowner. Access to Predator Control of Black Bear and Coyote Cattle* Any person who is (a) the owner or resident of private land or (b) authorized to keep livestock on public lands, or (c) an authorized resident by a person described in point (a), or a resident authorized in writing by a person described in point (b), can hunt (but not catch) black bears or coyotes on these lands without a permit.